Politics and Personality - An Interview with Michael Wear - Enneagram 4 (The Romantic) - Episode 10
Are you as anxious about the upcoming election and the polarization that has gripped our nation as we are?
Given the troubled political climate, we decided to take a hiatus from our series exploring each of the nine types to talk politics through the lens of the Enneagram.
Ian and Suzanne's guest this week is Michael Wear. An Enneagram 4, Michael directed faith outreach for President Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign. One of the youngest White House staffers in modern American history, he is an author and leading political strategist who examines the intersection of faith, politics and American public life. As you'll hear, "he's got game."
Questions on the show's docket this week include:
- What can we learn about politics when we look at them through the lens of the Enneagram?
- How can Americans on opposite ends of the political spectrum regain compassion for one another?
- Why is it important for voters to understand themselves in the context of the political process?
- How can we recover civility in our political discourse?
- Who says politics should give us value and affirm us?
- What harm does a "politics of pure power" do to our nation?
Listen now as we recklessly plunge into a discussion on the two things you should never discuss at the dinner table, politics and spirituality. Bon Appetit!